Social Impact Accelerator
Launch Indy hosts a 12-week accelerator program for central Indiana social enterprises. The program is open to applicants who identify as a small business or not-for-profit that does social good. The program includes workshops, mentorship, and resources to prepare your company for the next phase of growth. Whether that’s officially opening your business, applying for a larger-scale accelerator, or seeking funding, the accelerator provides information and programming to move your company forward.
Previous participants include
- Project Lia – a not-for-profit that provides carpentry training for formerly incarcerated women
- Peak – a personalized health and wellness application for individuals at large companies
- Culinary Brotherhood – a catering business that teaches culinary skills to at-risk 18- to 26-year-olds
- Smoothies for Causes – a smoothie business providing healthy smoothies to schools and employment for women who are the sole income earners in their family
- Rovercode – an out-of-box robotics kit making robotics clubs accessible to every school
- Pitch Feast – a not-for-profit events organization that provides pitch training and business assistance for women’s startups
- BeCAUSE Brands – a fun new way to connect causes with fundraising products
- Global Citizens Empowerment – a platform for creating cultural connections between middle school students in the United States and China
- Curly in College – a lifestyle brand and subscription box company supporting and celebrating natural hair with collegiate women
The curriculum includes guest speakers and workshop sessions on business models, operations, customer discovery, fundraising, and other topics. The 12-week program culminates in a pitch event open to the public.
All tech and non-tech startups with a social benefit as part of their business model are encouraged to apply by August 31st, 2019 at http://bit.ly/socialimpactindy. If selected, the cost is $200 to participate, and scholarships are available. The next cohort will meet on Tuesdays this fall and winter. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.